Mosquitoes are tiny insects, but they can drive you crazy when they bite you. They might rob you of quality time in the outdoors. Sometimes make your living indoors also a problem one because of the trouble they give by biting you making it uncomfortable for you. This can affect ventilation. Also, it is imperative to mention that mosquito bites can lead to rashes, allergy, and other skin problems and sometimes to serious diseases like malaria, chikungunya, and dengue. That is why it is important to find ways and means to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
How do the patches work?
Have you ever wondered how mosquitos find you? Or why they bite one person more than the other person present in the same area? The answer is that they are drawn by the body scent. This aspect is used to ward off mosquitoes effectively from you in the case of mosquito patches. That is, the mosquito patches are generously soaked with vitamin B1 solution. When the mosquito patch is put on your body, the heat from your body vaporizes the solution creating a protective barrier between you and the mosquitoes. It acts as a protective barrier because the body scent when you are wearing the patch is abhorring to the mosquitoes. The unappealing body scent prevents mosquitoes from biting you. Though it can be used indoors and outdoors, it is very effective when it is used indoors.
Benefits of mosquito patches
The benefits of using mosquito patches to prevent mosquitoes from biting you are as follows.
- They are effective and lasting.
- They are safe for use on adults and children because they do not contain DEET. It is a chemical called diethyltoluamide that is harmful to the skin and brain and can cause allergic reactions in some. However, DEET is being used in varying quantities in most of the chemical-based mosquito repellent solutions. It is believed to affect the pets too. The adverse reactions to DEET include seizures as well.
- The mosquito patches are soaked with Vitamin B1 solution and are safe for skin and the environment.
- The solution in the patches vaporizes fairly quickly, and you would not experience a sticky and grimy feeling as you do when you apply mosquito repellent creams or lotions.
- There are mosquito patches that are soaked with a fair amount of essential oils that are good for your skin. They are believed to be effective up to 12 hours.
- There is no smoke or expulsion of harmful vapours. This means it is environment-friendly.
- No use of energy. It saves electricity costs or costs involved in replacing batteries in battery-operated devices.
- It can be used indoors and outdoors.
Mosquito patches are an effective way to keep mosquitos at bay and prevent it from biting you naturally without the use of chemicals. You can use them wherever you are and whenever the need arises.